Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Clooney Finally Gets His Due

It's late, I haven't been blogging so much lately and I am so not in the mood to do a whole huge rant on the nominations today. I will try to be better and blog more in the coming weeks. As soon as the current draft of our script is done, it will be easier. If you didn't catch the nominations earlier, click here to check them out. I was so excited that George Clooney got nominated for supporting actor, director and original screenplay. He is an amazing talent and has put his career and sometimes his own money/salary on the line to make important movies that need to been seen and yet are still quite entertaining. Syriana and Good Night and Good Luck are two of the best movies I saw all year. I would say the one glaring omission from the nominations is The Constant Gardener, which was a truly spectacular thrill ride of a movie that also tackles a difficult issue. I was happy that Rachel Weisz got nominated for it, but I would also have liked to have seen it in other categories. If you are curious how nominees reacted when they got the news, click here. This article, that I just read today is a roundtable interview with Paul Haggis (writer/director of Crash), Bennett Miller (director of Capote), Steven Spielberg, George Clooney and Ang Lee that is really fascinating. The group is so varied and dynamic that it was really enlightening to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home