Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Few Days In The Life of Jason Reitman

I'm really looking forward to seeing Jason Reitman's film, Thank You For Smoking when it comes out in March. The movie is based on this book. I have seen the trailer and it looks really amazing. The film has terrific actors, great source material and a darkly comic edge, so how can you go wrong. It's kind of pathetic that there was so much hubbub (is that a word?) at Sundance this week about the fact that a short sex scene between Aaron Eckhart and Katie Holmes is now missing from the film. People are convinced that Tom Cruise used his clout to have the scene removed. Now I am no Scientology lover, and I think Tom Cruise is pretty nutty (especially lately), but even I think it's unlikely that this is true. Reitman swears that it was just a technical glitch. Jason wrote a Sundance diary for USA Today and I really enjoyed reading it. Even though he is the son of a famous director and now very successful at a relatively young age, he doesn't seem full of himself at all, in fact, he seems to be quite humble and grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home