Monday, April 03, 2006

Josh & Donna - FINALLY!

Until a month or so ago, I hadn't watched The West Wing for a couple of years. It was great when Aaron Sorkin was still writing the show and Rob Lowe was still on, but once they left, it often felt uninspired. I knew that the series was coming to end and it changed time slots, so I figured I would give it another go and I'm so glad I did. These last few episodes have been incredible. Josh and Donna finally kissed and then slept together. Their chemistry is one of the main reasons I liked the show in the past, so it was great to finally see it happen. Check out this review of the episode and the cute picture of them. I actually find Bradley Whitford kind of cute. My one complaint is that so much of it was implied (with the exception of one kiss) that it was a little disappointing. Their rapport is so engaging to watch and I would have loved to see a kiss or two. Wow, is it obvious I haven't had someone to kiss me recently or what? One of the things I'm really working on with my screenwriting is learning how to show and imply instead of explaining everything with dialogue. I know in our recent script, we did a much better job of it, but I still need to work on it more. The reason I bring it up now is that there were a few great show don't tell moments during the episode that made me realize how amazing those subtle moments can be when they are done right. I'm so hoping when they flash to the future at the end it will turn out that they got married or something and I am guessing it will go in that direction, but I'll just have to wait and see. The saddest part of the whole episode was the very end when they had someone find Leo (John Spencer) unconscious, but we all knew it was coming because of his real death earlier this year, so it wasn't a surprise, just really heartbreaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home