Thursday, February 02, 2006

With Words Or Without, He's A True Genius

I don't really watch ER anymore. I was into it in the George Clooney days, got into it again when Noah Wyle and Kelli Martin were into each other for a second, briefly got into it again when Carter and Abby dated, but since then, not so much. When I heard that James Woods was going to be on ER tonight, I had no choice but to watch. First of all, I once worked for him, and I always have to watch the work of former employers. Honestly though, I think he is a true genius and was surprised he was doing an episode of tv, so I had to tune in. The episode was incredible. It was sad, in rare moments almost funny and also tremendously moving. I can see why Jimmy did the episode. The entire show was about only him, which it seems to me is rare for ER. His performance was beyond words. It was as impactful in the moments when all he had was his eyes to communicate, as it was when he was able to speak. There are lots of good actors in this world, but he is at some whole other level. When he is performing, he just becomes whoever it is that he is playing and it is totally seamless. I have never once seen him acting. Plenty of the young actors today that are often spotted in US magazine could learn a thing or two from watching him work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home