Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another Reason That I Love Google

Google Video is really cool. One thing I will likely buy from Google Video is episodes of Charlie Rose. Tonight I downloaded the Google player and purchased this Charlie Rose episode that had director Bennett Miller (Capote) on it. I was really bummed I had missed it, so I was thrilled to be able to watch it. In the past, when you missed a show like that, the very best you could hope for was to pay $25 bucks or so and have a tape sent to you. This is so much better. Bennett Miller was really fascinating because he doesn't seem to let himself get caught up in the Hollywood machine and care so much what others think of him. I really thought he did a great job with Capote. I also thought that Dan Futterman (who I loved as an actor on Judging Amy) did a terrific job with the script. Philip Seymour Hoffman is always amazing, but Capote appears to be one of the best roles of his career. The fact that he was able to get down Capote's voice and mannerisms so precisely that they fade into the background, was an tremendous feat. By the way, Bennett Miller is really smart and kind of boyish, so yes for anyone that was wondering, I do find him cute. If anyone knows someone cute like that, who is boyish, smart and talented, please have them give me a call. Oh, I forgot to mention, you can also buy TV shows and other video stuff from ITunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home