Monday, February 20, 2006

I Finally Got An Ipod

So everyone that kept rolling their eyes about the fact that semi-dorky me who is generally an early adopter of technology didn't have an IPOD can stop. I finally purchased one on Friday night. I got a Nano! I have to say that I'm already thrilled with it, but a little afraid that I am going to go overboard buying music from Itunes. When I contemplate whether I want a particular song, I think to myself about how the song costs less than a dollar, so what is the big deal and I end up buying it. I can assure you that some finance guys and some creative types sat around for a long time trying to figure out what that price point would be that would make people say what the hell and they hit it right on the head. So far I have signed up a few NPR podcasts and purchased about fifteen songs. My music taste varies wildly, so the list includes things like Green Day, Weezer, Death Cab For Cutie, James Blunt and a piece of classical music that Joshua Bell (a violinist I love that I have blogged about before) did for the movie Ladies in Lavender. I also have to say that the IPOD is incredibly easy to use and intuitive, like all Apple products. For all those who pestered me, I'm glad you finally convinced me. Now, I just have to get a Tivo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home