Thursday, December 08, 2005

Happy Birthday To E

It’s my cousin Erin's birthday today, hence the title of the posting. She is a very talented artist. My other cousin (her sister), Leah is also amazing. She works at this winery and knows everything there is to know about food and wine. Oh by the way, she's an amazing cook as well. Their mom, my Aunt Judy, is also a skilled artist and teacher. I guess we are an artsy fartsy kind of family. In honor of Erin's birthday, I am going to mention one of her favorite artists and tie it back to a movie, so that it still seems to have a place on this blog. Impressive, right? It will kind of be like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, but I will replace him with Erin. Okay, here goes, Erin loves Francesco Clemente. Here is a recent review of his work. His work was featured in the movie Great Expectations . It is a visually stunning movie that is full of saturated color (mostly green -- Erin's favorite) and the many Clemente paintings are a sight to behold. Erin loves this book about Clemente that I bought her, so if you think his work sounds interesting maybe you should buy it. As children, Erin and I loved this famous movie actor who sadly died recently, but when he starred in his most famous role, it was for this director that has a company I once interned at. In speaking to Erin today, she mentioned someone who can tie the interests of her family together. This man is an artist and restaurant owner, but also a fly fisherman, which is my uncle's greatest passion. Believe it or not, I can tie the fly fishing to a movie as well because one of my uncle's favorite movies is A River Runs Through it. Wow, I'm exhausted from all that. Okay, it isn't exactly the Six Degrees thing, but you get the idea. Happy Birthday E!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home