Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Being Catherine Keener

This article in the LA Times about Catherine Keener really captures what she is all about. She is a tremendously talented actress who is not dying to be on magazine covers or carry the weight of a big studio picture as a lead, but would rather carefully pick what she does because it interests her. I do not think I have ever not enjoyed one of her performances. The more flawed she is (like in Walking and Talking) the better I like her and I think that is because she seems so real and vulnerable that you can relate to her. I haven't seen Capote yet, but I really want to check it out. I ended up really liking The 40 year Old Virgin, which she starred in earlier this year. With Oscar buzz floating around for Capote and the huge box office of The 40 Year Old Virgin, she might not be able to stay as under the radar as she would like. I hope she gets the success she deserves and still gets to keep the anonymity she clearly desires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home