Monday, December 05, 2005

The King Of Speaking His Mind

People are often surprised to find out that I like Howard Stern. I think people figure that since my politics tend toward the left that he would not be politically correct enough for me or something. The thing is that I am a woman of diverse tastes that can appreciate all sorts entertainment. It's possible to like Howard and South Park, but to also enjoy NPR, and to be honest it makes for a more interesting life. I think that most of the time Howard's humor is satire and is attempting to shed light on ridiculous people who are truly racists or misogynists, etc. 60 Minutes did a wonderful interview with Howard last night that showed a bit more of a sensitive, human side of him that most people don't think exists. This recent article about him is pretty fascinating because of how honest it is. As most people know Howard is about to leave his regular radio job and head over to Sirius. I have not gotten a Sirius radio or signed up for the service yet, but I likely will. I might not always like everything he says, but I appreciate his honestly and get a big kick out of the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home