Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Yes, I'm An NPR Geek And Damn Proud Of It

I love NPR. I'm not talking about the fleeting, on to the next thing kind of love, but deep and profound love. I listen to Howard Stern as well, but if I could only listen to one thing on the radio for the rest of my life it would be NPR. I listen to a ton of shows, but, my three favorites are Fresh Air, Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me/The NPR News Quiz and This American Life. I know some people feel that NPR has a decidedly liberal slant, but honestly I think many shows on NPR make a point of having on guests that represent both sides. In recent years, I have discovered some of my favorite writers from listening to NPR. One hilarious writer that is often featured on various NPR shows is David Rakoff. Click here to hear David on Fresh Air. The New York Times reviewed Rakoff's new book, click here if you want to check it out (free reg req'd). Two writers that I love who are also often featured are on NPR are Sarah Vowell and David Sedaris. I encourage you to check them out. I swear you won't be sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home