Friday, October 07, 2005

Their Career Is Really Taking Flight

Sometimes insomnia can be a good thing. I was up late one night when I happened to catch The Flight of the Conchords on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. They are often billed as a folk-parody duo. It is hard to accurately describe exactly what they do and what makes them so funny. They perfectly blend humor and singing (folksy sounding songs with hilarious lyrics and RAP) into something that even though I would not think it would be up my alley, I could not tear myself away from watching. I thought they were still on the down low and had not hit their tipping point yet, but boy was I wrong. About a week or so after I saw them on Ferguson, I saw their HBO One Night Stand episode (which is repeating in October and November) and heard that they would be in Rolling Stone. I guess I was a little late to the party, but at least I'm a fan now. The boys have their own site, but it is new and doesn't have much content. Luckily they have a fan with a very extensive site, so click here to check that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home