Monday, May 29, 2006

A Not Quite Mad Genius & A Hot Doc

Last week I went to see David Milch speak at the WGA Theater. Milch, in case you don't know, is a brilliant writer who has written and/or created such shows as Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and Deadwood. I expected him to be interesting and that I might learn something (and I did), but he was also hilariously funny. He has been through quite a bit in his life (drug abuse, gambling problems, getting arrested, etc.), but he has found a way to channel his demons into some incredible writing. He is one of those clear examples of the fact that there is a thin line between madness and genius. I have to say that I often go to events to hear writers speak and this was one of the best I've been to. As exciting as it was to hear Milch speak, the night ended up being even more fun because my friend Debbie and I went to dinner after the event and saw this actress and her husband who recently played McSteamy on Grey's Anatomy. Anyone who reads this blog knows how I feel about that show. Although I am a McDreamy fan and McSteamy is a bit pretty for my taste, he was still pretty HOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home