Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Moody Moodstein

Yes, the title of this posting is lame and just in case you were wondering, I'm in a bad mood today. Even though I have already worked a full day, I wanted to try and blog a little bit, so that is how you got stuck with this lame posting. Cut me a little slack okay. I guess awards season is finally in full swing now that the Golden Globe nominations have been announced. It is funny that they have come to mean so much mostly because of their proximity to the Academy Awards and the fact that the people attending can drink during the show and therefore give better speeches. It appears that it's George Clooney's year and I couldn't be happier. Syriana is an amazing movie on so many levels (will write a full review later) and if you read this blog you know I loved Good Night and Good Luck, so I definitely feel that both of those nominations were spot on. Speaking of George and GNGL, I was at the market the other day and saw Grant Heslov who is an actor, co-writer of GNGL and an executive at George's company and I really wanted to tell him how great of a writer I think he is, but I chickened out. Yeah, I know, I'm a wuss, but the moment is gone so oh well. I personally think it was mean that Ellen Pompeo didn't get nominated for Grey's Anatomy, I mean she is the lead and I think she is great on the show. On the other hand, I could give a crap that all of the Desperate Housewives got nominated but Nicolette Sheridan. I could go on, but I am cranky and honestly not that many people really care so much what I think. Cross your fingers and maybe I'll be in better mood tomorrow. Congrats to all those who got nominated. If you need me, I'll be in the corner feeling bitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home