Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Simple Formula That Works

If you haven't seen the CBS show Numbers (for some reason I can't bring myself to write it with a 3 instead of the E like they do), you should give it a try. I know it is on Friday night and maybe you are busy, but most of you have Tivo, don't you? It's a really intriguing show. If the show were only about the FBI or a math genius, I don't think I would be into it, but the combination of the two is irresistible. Somehow it's possible for this show to be super cerebral, but still really exciting. Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz are both perfectly suited to their roles and have great chemistry together. The main reason the show works is that even though what goes on is complicated and the use of the math seems far fetched, they play it with such truth and authenticity that you get sucked in. Judd Hirsch (who worked with David on his first play when he was 13) and the rest of the cast also do a good job. All of my close friends who read this blog will be surprised it took me so long to write about this show. The first season it was on the air, I did admittedly develop a little TV crush on David (which I am thankfully over now) and would chat about the show endlessly. This posting and the fact that I like the show so much is only giving more fuel to my friend Jordan's belief that I'm fixated on dorky/brainy guys, but he is off work this week and I can only hope he won't see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home