Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Can't Believe I'm Jealous Of A Zappa

Earlier today I read that Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films paid $1.5 million for film rights to the unpublished novel "Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless," by first-time writer Ahmet Zappa. The story is about a young brother and sister who learn their family is part of a long line of monster hunters. At first I thought to myself, I can't believe I am saying this, but I am jealous of a Zappa. Moments later, I realized that I had been jealous of a different Zappa, Moon Unit, many, many years ago (during my Like Oh My God period) when she sang the song Valley Girl. I am definitely feeling a bit bitter and jealous, but I am trying to keep it under control. I guess it should give me hope that if a Zappa can sell a novel, perhaps someday my writing partner and I will sell a script.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home