Monday, January 02, 2006

Watching Shows When & Where You Want

Recently CBS partnered up with Yahoo to show a couple of episodes of their more popular shows (2 and 1/2 men & How I Met Your Mother) online. The episodes had already aired on TV, but it's still a pretty cool idea. I was pretty excited because I got to watch an episode that I had missed of How I Met Your Mother. Not that long after the Yahoo thing happened, I read that the creators of The Family Guy are going to create original episodes that will air on Fox.com, MySpace and IGN. If this isn't a full blown trend, it certainly seems to be heading in that direction. I think internet companies and network execs are finally realizing that viewers want to watch what they like when and how they like it and that can vary widely from people who worship Tivo to people that might want to watch an episode of TV online while on a lunch break at work or while waiting for a flight in an airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home