Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Has Mel Gibson Gone A Little Mad?

A few years back, I liked Mel Gibson as both an actor and a director. He was amazing in a million movies, but I most especially loved him in Lethal Weapon and his directorial debut, Man Without A Face. I didn't go see Passion of the Christ, but everyone has the right to their own beliefs and he can do what he wants with his money. This weekend though, I saw the trailer for Apocalypto (the movie he just directed) and I decided that he has truly lost his mind and is turning into Martin Riggs (his slightly off balance character in Lethal Weapon) or maybe Jerry Fletcher (his crazy character from Conspiracy Theory). Perhaps it is just me, but I can't imagine anyone seeing that trailer and being able to make a ton of sense of it and/or wanting to go see it. I think I'm going to rent Ransom and Maverick and try to erase the trailer from my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I saw The Passion. I have to say that it only scratches the surface of Jesus torture. Gibson is just another example of why actors should stick to acting. Granted he has directing chops, The Passion was a well shot film. The thing is if you let anybody talk as long as you let actors talk you find out that they're nuts. If you give them money, it's even worse.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home