Thursday, August 18, 2005

WAS THERE A BIG DEMAND FOR THIS??

I just read in the New York Times that the first issue of Men's Vogue will be coming out in September. Was there a huge demand for this? Teen Vogue was ridiculous enough, I mean how many ultra rich snobby kids that can afford to buy Chloe and Marc Jacobs are there to read such a thing. If it is succeeding it is because many things these days, but most especially magazines, are becoming all about what we aspire to be and have, NOT about what we can actually afford. I will say that once I read the article about Men's Vogue and looked at the images of a few of the articles from the first issue, I kind of thought it looked interesting. I will buy the first issue because George Clooney is on the cover and that is reason enough. If you want to see the article click here. If you don't already have a NY Times user name and password, you will need to get them to read this, but they are free. The content on the NY Times site is pretty great and free for the current week, so it is worth doing. Once you are logged in, you might want to check out the review of violinist Josh Bell's recent performance. I know that seems like an odd thing to mention in this posting about Men's Vogue, but I adore his boyish, gifted, violin playing self and I couldn't think of a good transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home